Founder of Achievers LLC
Notary Public, Commissioner for Oaths
Advocate & Solicitor. Solicitor & Barrister Supreme Court of England & Wales Postgraduate Diploma E-commerce Specialist (Business Focus) – (Singapore)
Member – Law Society Professional Indemnity Committee (2004 – 6, 13-present)
An individual with wide-ranging experience and responsibility in corporate and commercial law, including advice on major negotiations and high value contracts; extensive experience in contracting, trade finance, competition law risk; clear track record in achieving prompt and effective settlements; proven effectiveness across cultures and international jurisdictions.
Mr Ibrahim has many notable achievement in legal activities, for example he successfully commenced in Anti-Suit injunction to restraint Swiss legal proceedings in breach of Singapore arbitration Agreement before the Court of Appeal of Singapore. Furthermore, he also successfully commenced Judicial Review proceedings to compel AG’s Chambers to withdraw a warning issued without following due process of law (1st such outcome achieved in Singapore in 2012 & repeated in 2014.)
Recipient of Special Recognition Awards for Concluding
- US$700 million multi-year sales contract with Mitsubishi Chemicals with the geographical swap element
- US$500 million multi-year sales contract with Indian entity
- US$140 million multi-year sales purpose-built storage contract with Vopak
- US$100 million multi-year sales purpose-built storage contract with Oil tanking
- Successfully defended the prosecution under the Trade Marks Act and Copyright Act for the AG’s Chambers to move for DNATA even before defense was called
- Extended the principle of equitable receivership under O.51 Rules of Court to wages in enforcement proceedings on behalf of Citibank N.A. (1st such outcome achieved in Singapore)
- Advised on incorporation, launch, compliance and licensing of Infinity Partners, a Private Fund Management in Singapore under Financial Advisers Act and Securities and Futures Act, AML & CFT, KYC
- Advised on divestment & take-over of the same fund – AUM US$100 Mil
- Advised on JV with Aquarius Fund, a leading Hong Kong Fund manager to launch a Cayman Island Fund
- Advised on listed regional LPG entity on competition law risk in a merger scenario including liaison with Competition Commission of Singapore.
Mr. Ibrahim has an impressive track record in various legal areas, including contracts, negotiations, litigation, bankruptcy, crime, immigration/employment, intellectual property, and matrimonial cases. Some notable highlights of his career include:
- Successfully concluded a US$700 million multi-year sales contract with an over-the-fence customer, which included a geographical swap element.
- Negotiated and secured a US$500 million multi-year sales contract with an Indian entity.
- Managed negotiations for US$140 million and US$100 million multi-year storage contracts with international storage providers.
- Skillfully negotiated and concluded contracts with numerous international oil and petrochemical majors, including Sinopec, Sinochem, Exxon, BP, Total, SABIC, Mitsubishi, Mitsui, Toyota, BASF, Bayer, LG, P&G, KAO, Lyondell, Vinmar, Petronas, and Chevron.
- Successfully negotiated a settlement within insurance limits during the third day of trial for an architect/professional engineer’s public liability insurance construction claim worth over S$26 million.
- Extended the principle of equitable receivership under O. 51 Rules of Court to wages in enforcement proceedings on behalf of Citibank N.A.
- Achieved acquittals for clients accused of physically abusing a domestic helper and criminal breach of trust in separate cases.
- Pioneered a voluntary arrangement for the founder/director of ACS Innovation Pte Ltd, a S$250 million turnover entity, which was placed under judicial management and subsequently wound up under the Bankruptcy Act.
- Drafted Grounds of Appeal independently against a Senior Barrister’s unfavorable written opinion, leading to a successful reduction of a 4½ years’ imprisonment sentence in the Court of Appeal (London).
- Successfully argued prosecution under the Offensive Weapons Act, resulting in a reduced charge.
- Secured an acquittal for a client accused of Criminal Breach of Trust (DAC 48902/2013).
- Effectively argued settlement visa cases at the Immigration Appeal Tribunal and constructive dismissal cases at the Employment Tribunal (UK).
- Successfully defended a prosecution under the Trade Marks Act and Copyright Act, allowing the Attorney General’s Chambers to move for DNATA even before the defense was called.
- Represented several clients in complex multi-jurisdictional divorce matters involving the application of both Shariah Law and the Women’s Charter.
Mr. Ibrahim’s extensive legal expertise and notable achievements in various fields make him a distinguished and accomplished practitioner in the legal profession.
With his broad area of practice, Mr Ibrahim will be able to help you with :
- Admiralty & Shipping
- Criminal defense
- Corporate & Commercial litigation (Magistrate Court, District Court, High Court and Court of Appeal actions involving broad areas i.e. breach of contract, minority oppression actions etc);
- Divorce (Muslim/Syariah and non-Muslim);
- Employment Law
- Fund Management
- Letters of Administration and Probate (Muslim and Non-Muslim)
- Power of Attorney
- Road Accidents and other negligence claims including Medical Negligence
- Transaction Law
- Wills (Muslim & Non Muslim)
- Work Injury Compensation (Industrial Accidents)
As an all-rounded lawyer, Mr Ibrahim is dedicated to making your legal journey as smooth and successful as possible, which he make point to make sure his clients are able to understand the situation they’re in and giving legal advised on their matter. He works hard on keeping his service affordable & is transparent and honest with your case.
For each area of practice, Mr. Ibrahim is assisted by 2 competent lawyers, which is Achievers LLC Senior Associate, Yasmin Binte Abdullah & Associate Low Shi Hou. This enables him to assist you diligently and effectively, and ensure you receive the best service available.
Mr Ibrahim also facilates notarisation and commissioning with Notary Public & Commissioner for Oaths which is registered with the Singapore Academy of Law (SAL).