Notary Public, Commissioner for Oaths.
Advocate & Solicitor. Solicitor & Barrister, Supreme Court of England & Wales Postgraduate Diploma E-commerce Specialist (Business Focus) – (Singapore) Member – Law Society Professional Indemnity Committee (2004 – 6, 13-present) An Individual with wide-ranging experience and responsibility in corporate and commercial law, including advice on major negotiations and high value contracts; extensive experience in contracting, trade finance, competition law risk; clear track record in achieving prompt and effective settlements; proven effectiveness across cultures and international jurisdictions.
Personal Details A strong work ethic and a high level of autonomy and personal responsibility. An independent and effective thinker. A strong grounding in core aspects of the law, particularly in relation to negotiations, appeals processes and liabilities. Fluent in English, Tamil, Malay, Bahasa Indonesia, Arabic and Chinese
- Successfully commenced
- Anti-Suit injunction to restraint Swiss legal proceedings in breach of Singapore arbitration Agreement before the Court of Appeal of Singapore.
- Successfully commenced Judicial Review proceedings to compel AG’s Chambers to withdraw a warning issued without following due process of law (1st such outcome achieved in Singapore in 2012 & repeated in 2014.)
- Recipient of Special Recognition Awards for Concluding
- US$700 million multi-year sales contract with Mitsubishi Chemicals with the geographical swap element
- US$500 million multi-year sales contract with Indian entity
- US$140 million multi-year sales purpose-built storage contract with Vopak
- US$100 million multi-year sales purpose-built storage contract with Oiltanking
- Successfully defended the prosecution under the Trade Marks Act and Copyright Act for the AG’s Chambers to move for DNATA even before defence was called
- Extended the principle of equitable receivership under O.51 Rules of Court to wages in enforcement proceedings on behalf of Citibank N.A. (1st such outcome achieved in Singapore)
- On incorporation, launch, compliance and licensing of Infinity Partners, a Private Fund Management in Singapore under Financial Advisers Act and Securities and Futures Act, AML & CFT, KYC
- Divestment & take-over of the same fund – AUM US$100 Mil
- JV with Aquarius Fund, a leading Hong Kong Fund manager to launch a Cayman Island Fund
- Listed regional LPG entity on competition law risk in a merger scenario including liaison with Competition Commission of Singapore.
Mr Ibrahim is assisted by Ms Yasmin Binte Abdullah, who graduated from National University of Singapore (“NUS”) with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) in 2001. She completed her pupillage under the guidance of Mr K Bala Chandran in Messrs Mallal & Namazie, and was admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore on 18 May 2002.
She practiced litigation at the law firm of Messrs Mallal & Namazie as an associate until 2004, when she moved to WLaw LLC, where she practiced both litigation as well as conveyancing until 2006. In 2006 she moved to Messrs J S Yeh & Co, where she specialised in conveyancing. She is familiar with commercial real-estate, private property as well as HDB transactions. At J S Yeh & Co, she also practiced solicitors’ work including dealing with adoption and society matters.
Ms Abdullah also has some experience as a Senior Legal Counsel at the Singapore Land Authority in 2011. She was a member of the Muslim Law Practice Committee between 2005 and 2006. She was also a member of the Singapore Law Society Inquiry Panel in 2012 and was part of two Inquiry Committees in 2012.
After a temporary hiatus to focus on her family, Ms Abdullah joined Achievers LLC in 2019.