Notary Public, Commissioner for Oaths.
Advocate & Solicitor. Solicitor & Barrister, Supreme Court of England & Wales Postgraduate Diploma E-commerce Specialist (Business Focus) – (Singapore) Member – Law Society Professional Indemnity Committee (2004 – 6, 13-present) An Individual with wide-ranging experience and responsibility in corporate and commercial law, including advice on major negotiations and high value contracts; extensive experience in contracting, trade finance, competition law risk; clear track record in achieving prompt and effective settlements; proven effectiveness across cultures and international jurisdictions.
Personal Details A strong work ethic and a high level of autonomy and personal responsibility. An independent and effective thinker. A strong grounding in core aspects of the law, particularly in relation to negotiations, appeals processes and liabilities. Fluent in English, Tamil, Malay, Bahasa Indonesia, Arabic and Chinese
Major Achievements to name a few:
- Successfully commenced
- Anti-Suit injunction to restraint Swiss legal proceedings in breach of Singapore arbitration Agreement before the Court of Appeal of Singapore.
- Successfully commenced Judicial Review proceedings to compel AG’s Chambers to withdraw a warning issued without following due process of law (1st such outcome achieved in Singapore in 2012 & repeated in 2014.)
- Recipient of Special Recognition Awards for Concluding
- US$700 million multi-year sales contract with Mitsubishi Chemicals with the geographical swap element
- US$500 million multi-year sales contract with Indian entity
- US$140 million multi-year sales purpose-built storage contract with Vopak
- US$100 million multi-year sales purpose-built storage contract with Oiltanking
- Successfully defended the prosecution under the Trade Marks Act and Copyright Act for the AG’s Chambers to move for DNATA even before defence was called
- Extended the principle of equitable receivership under O.51 Rules of Court to wages in enforcement proceedings on behalf of Citibank N.A. (1st such outcome achieved in Singapore)
- On incorporation, launch, compliance and licensing of Infinity Partners, a Private Fund Management in Singapore under Financial Advisers Act and Securities and Futures Act, AML & CFT, KYC
- Divestment & take-over of the same fund – AUM US$100 Mil
- JV with Aquarius Fund, a leading Hong Kong Fund manager to launch a Cayman Island Fund
- Listed regional LPG entity on competition law risk in a merger scenario including liaison with Competition Commission of Singapore.